Sunday, January 29, 2012

Looking For a Wedding Photographer?

I thought I'd write a quick post with regards to my wedding photographer.

His name is Harvard. And he is quirky. And I love that about him!

When I was surfing the web for a photographer (or a photojournalist for those in the know!), *I knew straightaway that I wanted a photographer that could blog, take vintage-y pictures but most importantly, I wanted to avoid those mainstream photographers that went by the hour and had an entourage of an assistant plus a guy carrying this large reflector thing (think bendy-front-car-window-sun-blocker-thingy).

Our initial coffee meeting with him lasted for more than an hour!

And my emails to him consisted of where one would find the best ramen and coffee in Melbourne Town.

Yes, he was The One indeed :)

We had our engagement shoot with him yesterday. Leng and I didn't know what to expect but we knew we had 2 hours with him.

2 hours turned into the entire afternoon which ended up with the 3 of us downing ciders on a roof top bar, on a hot Melbourne afternoon.

The shoot turned out to be more like...a date! An outing with friends. Harvard was so easy going it was like we had hired a friend to take pictures of us whilst we chatted and traipsed around Melbourne Town.

We have yet to see the pictures but I have a good feeling about them. Which is always good!

So, if you are looking for a photographer cum foodie cum instant friend...look none the further.

Harvard Wang (based in Melbourne but apparently will travel for pictures. And good food!)

And this is his travelogue on his recent trip to Japan. I simply adore his blogging style!

*It is odd what you discover about oneself when prepping for one's own nuptials. I definitely lack the crazy-wedding-prep-gene. Yes, I want to get married and live happily ever after with Leng but no, I do not care for chair covers, colour themes and what dress I will be wearing! I certainly had more fun meeting up with Harvard versus buying my dress. Leng and I enjoyed our pre-marriage education weekend much more than having to choose a reception venue. I suspect we are more about the marriage versus the wedding itself...

** These are the initial set of pictures which piqued my interest and as they say, rest was history.

1 comment:

AJun said...

From the link, I have no doubts the picts would be great.